7.12.2011

Catching Up, Changing Channels



EATING
We planted a rather nice produce garden, and it did well all winter and spring. It's dormant now, except for the Arugula that seems immune to the extreme heat and humidity.
So lately, I've been finding lots of ways to eat Arugula! My favourite so far is wilted with pasta. A recipe will probably show up here on the blog at some point. Also, I fell in love with Kale over the winter. Sauteed with lots of garlic and some red pepper flakes, finished with really good salt. Joy.
KNITTING

The most recent finished object to come off the needles is the Old Man of Storr Shawl, which I made for a swap. The yarn is a delicious Merino/Cashmere/Silk blend, handdyed by K of Gherkin's Bucket. The pattern, available on Ravelry, is Old Man of Storr, an easy knit, and an enjoyable one.
Currently on the needles is Travelling Woman, which I'm making in Fresh From the Cauldron MCN in a colourway custom dyed in NFL Eagles. It was going along great, until the tip of my needle came completely out of the ferrule while I was knitting last night! I think I lost three rows (honestly, I don't want to look) of lace. Guess KnitPicks will be getting a message from me later today.

COOKING
I suppose this could go under EATING, but whatever. Tonight, we are having grilled fish and I'm going to throw together a salad using some leftover cooked rice, green lentils, cucumber, scallions, tomatoes, olives, mint, parsley,lemon and grape seed oil. We'll see how that goes, and if it's good, I'll write down the recipe and take pictures. If it's not, we'll just pretend it never happened.

No comments: